In just over a month, the most influential players from across the property industry will arrive en masse for an action packed four days of networking, learning, and fun.
As one of the industry’s most celebrated (and famous) events, being new to the party can be daunting. If that’s you, then fear not as we have called on our MIPIM friends who know the tips and tricks for making it through what will be one of the best weeks of your working year:
- Shoes, and plenty of them. Bring your smart shoes, fancy shoes, and summer shoes – but make sure they’re all comfy ones. Blisters aren’t a good look, especially when accompanied by tears.
- Leave room for spontaneity and chance encounters. It’s where the magic happens.
- Come rain or shine, you’ll want to be prepared. We all hope (optimistically) for wall-to-wall sunshine in Cannes, but experience has taught us better than to forget our umbrellas.
- Embrace wellness and start the day with a run or an early morning yoga session. You won’t feel so bad when you’re sipping that glass of rosé later.
- Protect yourself with lip balm and sunscreen by picking up one of our MIPIM survival tins. Lobsters are strictly for eating.
- Check out MIPIM’s dedicated ‘first timers’ There’s complimentary breakfast and lunch, concierge, networking sessions with MIPIM pioneers, and a mysterious ‘welcome gift’!
- Check out the conference programme and make the most of being there. MIPIM has organised a fantastic line-up this year centred around urban life in the future. Expect debate, trends and insights from those leading the charge worldwide.
MIPIM is a significant investment so it’s important to get involved and make the most of it. We’ll be bringing you tips and tricks of the trade over the coming weeks. Whether you’re a seasoned expert or newcomer, there’ll be something for everyone.
Thank you to our contributors for their top tips. Read the full list below and let us know if you have any others to add!