It’s that time of year again.
Today, out of offices will be set across the real estate world as thousands of industry players prepare to fly, cycle and hop aboard the Cannes Cannes Express for the biggest property conference of the year.
At a glance, the weather forecast is looking changeable so we’re not optimistic about breaking any temperature records. But, after more than 15 years at MIPIM we’ve picked up a few tips and tricks on how to make the most of your packing space and prepare for every scenario:
Your MIPIM Essentials:
– BUSINESS CARDS and lots of them! Networking is why you are here, spread your cards across different bags, in your check-in and holdall. You never know who you might meet in the queue for security and you don’t want to be left in the lurch if the airline misplaces your bag (we know from experience).
– Sensible shoes! We are championing trainers this year. You can still look professional and smart with some slick trainers. Limping along the Croisette after a day of events is not a good look, so break out your best Reeboks and Balmains!
– Lots of layers. The sun may shine in the day, but the coastal breeze will come as a shock.
– An umbrella/ raincoat. Any attendees last year will remember Thursday’s washout.
– Sunglasses! (self-explanatory).
– Your mobile office – a tote bag for the MIPIM freebies, headphones for phone calls on the move, a portable charger and a pen (retro, we know!) but a couple of bullet points written on the back of a business card will help with your follow up back home.
– Medical supplies – the days are long and jam-packed with canapes and tipples, so make sure you stock up on some plasters, painkillers, and medicine.
If you do get caught out on this last point, then look out for the Holistic team who will be on hand with our ‘in case of emergency’ MIPIM tins.
Happy networking and we will see you on the Croisette.